Monday, July 11, 2005

twenty-five years!

yesterday was a glorious, wonderful, sunshiney day. being one of the first real days of summer, I reveled in the glory of the sun and invited a gaggle of friends out to regent's park to celebrate. sadly, some people were not able to attend, but having such great people around me and chatting to a few of my friends in the states on the day really was quite perfect and just what a summer birthday girl could want. I really am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life, near and far.

quite sadly, the day was marked with a big black spot at the end: the theft of my wallet. honestly, the circumstances are beyond flora, paul, and myself, as we were all within two feet of my bag. gone are a slew of library cards, bank cards, and twenty quid. and as much as I may have whined last night (most of you know that unfortunate trademark of mine), I know that I am a blessed person and that sometimes not-so-great things happen to ordinary people like me.

the last several days have been a bit of a whirlwind, as my dissertation has been severely neglected, as I regather my thoughts on extermist violence and doing my bit to 'not let the terrorists win,' and touring paul about this new/soon-to-be old city of mine. going about and showing off little bits (okay, not so little some time) of londres will help me say goodbye to this city in the next few weeks, as they are certain to fly by. I will be copenhagen for two days this week, working on my dissertation and seeing lots of friends here and there, flying off to ireland for a weekend for tara & damon's wedding, and then spending a bit of time with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins at the end of july. to think that my london time is rapidly coming to an end is overwhelming. so I overwhelm myself with everything else. it makes sense, right?

quite excited for copenhagen and looking forward to getting into some sort of groove balancing my social butterflyness and academic interests. but more so, basking in the warmth of my wonderful, wonderful friends. (you can underline, bold, highlight, and add an exclamation point to that statement.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home