Wednesday, June 15, 2005

holy canoli

this cheesy cliche applies to many things in my life right now, including the following...
holy canoli
-I have a bagillion photos to upload, label, and distribute via email (fear not, you'll not receive an album of my latest obsession, architecture. I would like to keep the friends that I have. unless you'd like to see it; then, I will pass the shots along.)
-my hair is much shorter than I thought it was going to be. (I had my hair cut this morning at the vidal sassoon school and, while my hair does look nice and the student and instructor both claim that they 'kept the length,' I must dispute their assertion. honestly, bits of my hair haven't been this short in quite some time. I miss patrick at art+science!)
-summer is flying by and my dissertation is not! lots of work to be done yet on this paper, especially before I come back to the states. yikes! looking to write a good bit of the first chapter before leaving for glastonbury next week.
-I can't believe how sad I am getting about leaving london. and my friends. and my running route. and my routine. and academia. and, and, and...
-I l-o-v-e barcelona! had such a wonderfully fabulous time in the city: the architecture (gaudi is mad!), the people, the food, the coffee, the beach (and my newly realized courage!). holiday was wonderful. definitely looking forward to jetting off to copenhagen. now, to book that flight...
-it's been a year since I've seen my family. the babies are getting bigger and the house is changing...things will be different once I return. (yes, I know, nothing stays the same. but this is kingsley people!)
-I am WAY behind on my correspondence. I made a list of all of the people that I need to email...over 55 people long. looks like I need to get a-crackin'!
-I'm running another marathon. confirmation that I'm crazy? perhaps, but how can I not? had a super 13.2 mile run on sunday and am pumped about training the rest of the summer, albiet alone, but I've never felt so good training. (now send me your money! not to me, of course, but for the aids foundation. more on that to come...)
-what am I going to do with myself post-londres??? the big question. at least the results will prove to be interesting...right?

there are many more things that I could holy canoli; but right now, I've got to finish uploading barcelona photos, which you all should receive within the next week, take out some books, and get to the gym. hope that this finds you all well. loves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home