Tuesday, June 28, 2005

post-glasters life

post-glasters life is about many things, the most notable being running water. not to say that water didn't run at glastonbury, but not always in the way that it should. (it is at this point that you must read the following articles to have an informed clue of what I am writing about: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4618015.stm and http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/glastonbury2005/story/0,,1515285,00.html.) water running through overturned portaloos and water running over the tops of my short cut, but cute as hell yellow wellies is not the kind of running water that I so wonderously re-embraced hier soir. despite the joy I took in removing encrusted mud from my toenails, I wasn't so bothered by the lack of bathing for the last five days. my glastonbury experience was AMAZING; I truly had a wonderful time, even if the fear of slipping into a pond of sludge did keep me walking a bit more gingerly than normal.

while I knew that I would throughly enjoy the weekend, I was not prepared for just how much could be done. as amazing as it is to me, some people don't even see any concerts but still manage to be running about lost vagueness or sacred space at all hours of the day. it's actually a bit odd to wake up, eat my usual bowl of museli & yogurt (ps I ate so badly at the festival. that being said, I also ate many an english delicacy, so all in all, I'm not all that bothered.), and come to school to catch up on email and work on the big d. music-wise I didn't see everyone that I wanted to; there would have been no way that I could have done this as much as I would have tried, as there were so many rockstars about. what I did see/hear off the top of my head included the editors (so, so, so pumped that this band is around. really, really, really sad that I'll miss their next london gig.), the zutons, the killers, white stripes, new order (one of the best sets of the weekend for me), coldplay, david kitt, rodrigo y gabriella (awesome!), kaiser chiefs, rilo kiley, babyshambles, interpol (so good), bright eyes (complete twat), doves, and garbage. there are several other acts that I saw, but I really can't remember them all. in addition, I frolicked/sludged about with some new mates (really, some wonderful, great people; spending time with them made me re-remember that there are fabulous people everywhere in the world. you just have to find them.), ate lots of good food, danced until 6:00am in the silent disco tent, watched 'sin city' until it was past dawn, and just had a wonderous time. so happy that I made the trek out to somerset.

now, it's back to london life, which means lots o' dissertation work (fingers crossed), seeing friends, running, thinking of/looking for jobs and apts., and general prepping for my departure. *yikes!* additionally, paul will be in for a mini london tour in the next 10 days, I'm off for a short trip to copenhagen, and I'm trying to negotiate going to dublin for tara and damon's wedding when denny, leslie, nick, and mallory (uncle, aunt, and cousins from longmont, co) come to london for a week. busy busy girl. now to sit down and really think and write about genocide and photography. grim, eh?

loves to all.

ps kat, buy that darn ticket already! you must, must, must see the pixies, kaiser chiefs, kasabian, and hard-fi.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you left Martha off your list of acts ....

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home