Thursday, July 14, 2005

københavn

ah, wonderful, wonderful copenhagen. while I was only there for two short days and during the summer (I'm sure that my opinion is heavily colored by such), I heart copenhagen. the energy of the city is great: people are going somewhere, but they needn't be arsed to rush about or cross streets against the light (a bit like seattle). everyone cycles everywhere and the city infrastructure doesn't counter this, unlike london. the people are gorgeous; I did feel a bit like an ugly duckling at times. the parks, the museums, the outdoor cafes, the water. I know, scant details that really say nothing, but my time in copenhagen was brillant. granted, there was a bit of atypical jennifer petersen activity; I allowed myself to not control everything about every bit of each day. and the result was pleasant, nearly addictive. yes, I am speaking in vaguries, a bit for myself and a bit because I'm still sorting it all out.

oh, am I really leaving this corner of the world so quickly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home