Tuesday, May 24, 2005

that feeling...

today I said goodbye my friend kristine, one of my first and dearest friends from goldsmiths, who is returning to the states tomorrow due to her father's illness. after we walked away from each other, I felt the tingling of the feeling that I had in september: of leaving people that I didn't want to leave but knew I had to, of missing having him/her/them as a regular fixture in my life, of knowing that having a cup of coffee wouldn't involve a trip on a plane. while kristine's departure triggered my memory of my going away party in chicago, it also served as an early notice that, with all of the gripes that I can come up with about london and certain people here, I am going to miss this city and its people when I have to leave. it almost makes me not want to leave; almost because I know that many of my friends will have returned to their home countries. but then there are my friends who will still be here that I will have to leave upon returning to the states.

I'm not really sure what the point of it is, but it is amazing that I become so attached to people and places. I wouldn't say that this is a bad element of my character. in fact, I feel quite lucky to be able to find people and places that I allow to become near and dear to my heart. I guess I'm just processing my london departure in advance. way in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home